Preparing Your Home For Sale
See Your Home Through the Buyer’s Eyes
When it’s time to sell, you’ll want to think of your property in a different way… See it through the prospective buyer’s eyes. The bottom line is: Buyers want move-in condition!
Exterior:“What can be done to enhance my property’s ‘drive-by’ appearance?”
- Take a look at your home from different angles (buyers will!).
- Spruce up the landscaping. Cut and edge grass, clip shrubs and sweep walkways. Be sure to clean up after your pets.
- Repair or replace missing downspouts. Repaint if needed.
- Wash windows inside and out. Replace broken glass and screens. Power wash outside walls to get rid of spider webs and muck.
- Organize the garage and all out buildings. Make sure door opener is in safe operating condition. Keep garage door closed.
- Remove bikes, wagons, skateboards, and all clutter from the front of the home. Clean out the gutters.
Interior:“How can we create a warm, well-maintained image?”
- Remove clutter and depersonalize the home.
- The kitchen should be immaculately cleaned.
- Choose neutral and conventional colors. Fresh paint goes a long way!
- Clean the fireplace
- Floors should sparkle and vacuum carpets.
- Make all necessary repairs to the home.
- Clean and organize basement. Dispose of items you don’t need.
- Check ceiling for leak stains and make the necessary repairs.
- Fix any damage and repaint where it is necessary.
- Replace or remove items that will not be included in the sale (e.g. Chandeliers, drapes, etc.).
- Tidy up all rooms.